17 February 2011

Valentine Repost

Remember this from last year's Valentine's Day?

valentine 2/14/2010

a note from mama today:
-------------------------------------

Way back when, Warne wrote me the following little verse:

If I could make us something else
to be forever more,
I'd make us two forgotten spoons,
left cuddling in a drawer.


Today, I woke up to find this poem from my love:

My Valentine 2/14/2010

When I was 19 years of age
I wrote a poem for you,
A simple statement of my love,
a rhyming line or two;

I hoped we'd be forgotten spoons
left cuddling in a drawer.
Now years have passed and I can say
It's all been so much more.

We've flown, and grown, and lived a life
together, you and me,
that most folks only dream about
but never comes to be.

So here we are, and life is good
and love grows even stronger,
and these two spoons, while not forgotten,
will cuddle much, much longer.

-------------------------------------
my father is a really really good man. i'm thankful, grateful, and proud to have grown up surrounded by their love. what a testimony.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Thank you for sharing!

Lindsey said...

Sorry I was on JOnathan's account....supposed to be 'my' comment:)

hannah jane said...

that is so cute, and yes, you are certainly blessed to have lived with that example your whole life! that's the way it should be

Hosted SharePoint 2010 said...

Awww! i love this poem!Keep writing!