10 May 2011

Man boys

Have you encountered the phenomenon of the Man boys?

They are men by age but boys by action.

They are the 29-37 year-olds who still game, who still drink too much, who still party too hard - trying to relive or revive their college experience. They refuse to hold down a legitimate relationship and fill their days with reminiscing and looking backward not forward.

There is a specific breed that reside in Jackson Hole - an enlightening, tongue-in-cheek article about them can be found here.

It's all fun and games and not of any real consequence, except that Andy's recent message highlights this scripture:

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me"
- 1 Corinthians 13:11


He spoke about the importance of putting childish ways behind you, growing up, and taking on the responsibilities of manhood. It was a pretty powerful message. I'm eager to see what his next message highlights.

Do you know any Man boys? Are you dating one? I would advise waiting for the real thing, so if you marry, you'll have hooked your wagon to a man, not a boy still indulging in the ways of childhood.

No comments: