02 November 2010

On writing...

I really wish I had more time to write :( but I'm in a wonderfully new season of life that includes a lot more working, scheduling, playing meal-tag with Grant, and planning family nights with all 4 of us (L, G, Evan, and Georgia ;) so the writing gets put on the back burner... for now.

Things are really good, though; just because you haven't heard from me in an embarrassingly long time doesn't mean things aren't good. And just because I don't have endless hours a day to spend in prayer or pouring over commentary learning more about The Text, doesn't mean God's not teaching me--it's a whole new season of growth, different than any other. I love it. God is so good and so faithful.

I'm in a sort of review period with Him, where He's reminding me of all the things I've learned probably in the past 2 or 3 years--discipline, obedience, forgiveness, love, sacrifice without need for justification, generous giving--all topics I feel I've blogged openly about here ;) for those of you who've had the patience to drudge through my writing ;))

He's always doing a new thing--thank the Lord--and He's doing a new thing in me today. I'm having the incredible experience of seeing those around me catch on FIRE with the Love of God and the Knowledge of the Holy Spirit. Honestly, it's just a privilege to be near them as they discover new things about the character of the Lord, walk through the stories of the Old Testament and Acts, stand amazed as God shows up and proves Himself faithful, and humbly present their requests for MORE to God.

My cup runneth over. Amen.

1 comment:

Grant said...

you need to write a book. don't withhold from the world. i know you have that in you.